Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Coordinates from January - February 2018

What's that? March isn't over and I'm already posting a coordinate roundup? Well, the truth is that I've actually been wearing lolita even more regularly so far this year so I'm posting early to avoid this getting really, really long! So I guess I'll just do these posts whenever they're needed...which bugs my organised side, but oh well. It's a good thing that I have enough outfits to share already!

I started 2018 off well, by spontaneously wearing lolita to an unexpected household brunch on the third of January. As the whole things was very impromptu, I ran with something that works...and coincidentally is the same dress and bolero combo as my first outfit in 2017. What can I say? It's a good fallback!

JSK & Shoes: Bodyline
Bolero: Handmade
OTKS: Innocent World
Hair accessories: Taobao
Necklace: Kitten D'Amour


I also asked James to try and get a photo of me with Panda, but as usual the furbaby did not cooperate...

I next wore lolita on the first causal Friday once I returned to work because I got my new Angelic Pretty socks in and had no choice but to wear the red crew socks in one of my typical black x red casual berry outfits. No choice. Also they are the best. I didn’t realise how badly I needed them until I had them.

OP: Metamorphose Berry Stripe
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Hair accessories: Offbrand

I don’t have much else to say about this outfit – it was cute and comfortable and fast becoming one of my standard outfit variations. Though two of my colleagues (from the young, nerdy half of the office) both complimented me on my beret, which was nice. I also posted a selfie and shoe shot combo to Instagram, which was cute ^__^


The Sunday of that weekend, as you may have read about, was the RinRin Doll High Tea in Sydney. which was awesome! Of course, I have written a pretty exhaustive blog post about this already so I’m just going to drop a link then focus on the outfit. A big thank you to Sam for snapping this for me!

JSK: Bodyline (modified)
Blouse: Lady Sloth
Shoes: Taobao
Brooch: Kitten D'Amour
Stockings & flowers: Offbrand

Next I wore a casual lolita outfit to work on a Friday again at the very start of February. Not too much to say about this look, except that I liked it! I feel so much more me wearing lolita than I do usual work clothes so I’m glad I can do it. Though I may not be able too for long…my bosses are a wee bit bad at communication and we were recently reminded that on casual Friday’s we’ve still got to represent the company well and not look “grungy” so who knows what that means (because no-one wears anything actually grunge to work so it’s a bit baffling). But unless I’m specifically told not to come to work on casual days in a puffy skirt I’m going to keep doing it!

Skirt: Handmade
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed I'm starting to posts more selfies and shoe shots...I actually really liked my shoes shot of this outfits so I'm sharing it.


A couple of weeks later I again wore one of my trademark black-and-berry outfits to work. I tried to do something a bit different with my hair, which I liked, and also wore a new necklace! I like how the pearls on the necklace match the pearls on the socks. I also like that the necklace was around three dollars on eBay… ^__^

Skirt: Handmade
Cutsew: The Floral Notebook
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Bodyline
Accessories: Taobao/offbrand

I also got James to snap an artsy photo for me to show off my hair accessories and necklace a bit better.


The next day James and I went engagement ring shopping! For him, that is ^__^ I wanted to wear lolita because why not, and I chose to wear Rose Birdcage because in light of discovering last year I've really only been wearing black and brown (and having done so this year up to this point) I wanted to make sure I got some variety in!

Skirt: Metamorphose Rose Birdcage
Cutsew: The Floral Notebook
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Shoes: Taobao
Everything else: Taobao/offbrand

I snapped a quick selfie as well to show off my hair accessories a little better as I really liked what I did with them. I actually really liked this outfit overall, it was cute and comfy and it was really good to deliberate stretch myself by wearing something a little different to my default.


So those are the lolita outfits I wore in the first two months of 2018! All in all I'm pretty pleased with myself ^__^

6 comments:

  1. That's such a frilly start to the year! I think the last outfit is my favourite of the lot - probably because it is different, but I also really like that shade of pink, it's gorgeous and works really well with your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with myself, I must say ^__^ I love that outfit too, it was nice to wear something outside of my standard.

      Delete
  2. I love love LOVE the colors of your coord in pic 5! And yay, the red socks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yep, the red socks definitely win as best purchase of the year (so far).

      Delete
  3. I love your coords! My favorite one is the one with berry stripes. I used to have that dress in pink and it brings me so many good memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^__^ Berry Stripe is just such an awesome print!

      Delete