Pages

Thursday 4 January 2018

Coordinates from October - December 2017

The end of 2017 started strong with wearing lolita, and then rapidly tailed off as the Australian summer came around. The heat, paired with my December malaise of "I need my time of work and I need it now", meant that lolita took a distinct back seat towards the end of the year. But still, I wore some great outfits this quarter and am keen to share them below!

One the second Sunday in October I attended another Newcastle meetup, which I wrote about here. Since we were going to Coco Monde, a chocolaterie cafĂ©, I wanted to go with a chocolate vibe so I fixed up my handmade chocolate JSK ready to wear. But alas, since I gained a bit of weight since I made it the JSK didn’t fit, so I came up with a sweet coordinate using Jam Paradise instead! Same vibe, different dress. I wanted to go a bit over the top (by my standards) with accessories; several things in my hair, wristcuffs as well as bracelets, and I even wore my Pastel Skies ring! Though in the end it doesn’t look all that OTT…

JSK & Headbow: Rococo Soul Jam Paradise
Blouse & Shoes: Bodyline
OTKS & Wristcuffs: Angelic Pretty
Accessories: Offbrand/Pastel Skies

I’m a bit unsure about how much I liked this outfit, in the end. I felt super cute wearing it, but I think the socks didn’t match the blouses well enough in colour and the petti I chose is a bit too large for the dress. I also feel I needed more prominent legwear to balance out the accessories up top, or alternatively needed to tone down the hair a bit. I’m actually not completely sure what it is but this outfit doesn’t quite hit all the right notes for me. But regardless of that, it was super fun to wear something some utterly cute and push my own boundaries of OTT lolita.


I next wore lolita when James and I were invited to meet some new people over dinner to hash out a creative collaboration. Just a quick, easy outfit because I had to get home from work, get changed, and go, but it felt very me and I liked taking the chance to dress up.

OP: Metamorphose temps de fille Berry Stripe
Shoes: Bodyline
Bag: Angelic Pretty Milky Berry tote
Everything else: Offbrand/taobao

I also had fun spicing up this photo… gotta love Meitu filters and I finally downloaded one of those square blur apps for the background!

On the last Friday of October I wore lolita to work again, and I actually rather liked this outfit. Obviously still in the very casual end of the spectrum but I enjoyed working in hints of white and felt like it was a well balanced outfit. Though excuse the bunched up hem lace...did not notice it was happening!

Skirt: Handmade
Cutsew: The Floral Notebook
Shoes: Bodyline
Everything else: Offbrand

And then I got to wear mori-inspired lolita for my Halloween wood witch shoot with James! I really adored this look, and wearing lolita for photoshoots always gives me the freedom to not worry so much about coordinating properly and just do something that looks good! Making it a 10/10 outfits for a miniature witch rather than a 10/10 lolita fashion coordinate was loads of fun and I am so excited and happy with how both the look and the photo turned out.

JSK: Bodyline
Cape and OTKS: Innocent World
Hat: Handmade
Boots: Offbrand decorated by me
Wristcuffs: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Bracelets: Offbrand

I also wanted to share a behind the scenes shot that shows of my handmade hat really well!


This was a great Halloween shoot to do and I've got to give massive credit to James for making the final photo so ridiculously cute! Therefore I am pimping his photography page...he does good stuff and you should check it out  ^__^

On the second of November my work had a belated Halloween/Day of the Dead party and of course I had to dress up! Lolita is my go-to for work dress ups as I like it and it’s easy, so this year I went as a cute deer. I didn't manage to get a full body photo, but this shoe shot and selfie give you the general gist of it.


JSK & Shoes: Bodyline
Blouse: Lady Sloth
Headdress: Sweet Dreamer
Socks: Offbrand

I did plan to wear a fawn collar and my new shoe toppers as well but the collar was uncomfortable to wear all day and the shoe toppers didn’t work with flats so I was a bit more toned down than I intended! Regardless, I liked the outfit.

And then that was it for me for wearing lolita in 2017! I am so happy I achieved my goal of wearing the fashion more and have really enjoyed sharing my coordinates here ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment