For both those clichés, I fit them in very limited ways:
- I drink a lot of tea
- I like books and reading
- I sew
- I keep a lolita blog
- I am interested in Japanese culture
A lovely stock photo of tea. Don't let this fool you tough, I drink my tea out of an Octoberfest stein.
Aaaand that’s it. Not really much of a thing there is it? I'm not even a huge anime fan, though I certainly like some.
Regarding not fitting the cliché, I really want to be pedantic and say that all of me does not fit the cliché, end of story but a few noteworthy (kind of) points are:
- I’m very practical, and basically nothing in my life is lady-like or decorative
- I’m your stereotypical nerd (Computer games! Star Wars! Fantasy novels!)
- I’m not particularly sociable
- I'm rather filthy minded, as my boyfriend knows well
Most of my free time is spent in Tamriel lately.
So there you have a bit of me in a nutshell, and how I relate to the lolita cliché. Having said that though, I think basically anyone involved in this glorious subculture of ours could come up with a similar list of “I’m lolita in this way, and not in this way” and in the end, the only bit that really matters is that we wear and admire and enjoy these fabulous clothes.