Pages

Friday 24 March 2017

When in doubt, wear red; Tartan Check outfits

I will admit that over time I've come to appreciate Baby, the Stars Shine Bright as a brand more and more. The pieces I have from them are just so very lolita, if that makes any sense at all!

Recently I put together three new coordinates with my delightful Tartan Check "Mini Sleeves" JSK from BTSSB. I completely forgot to take a close shot of the fabric, which is how I typically start these kind of posts, so let's get straight into the outfits!


The first direction I took it is in a bit eye-hurting, I'll admit, especially because I would wear pink tights with this too! I enjoy the combination of pink and red quite a bit, and I think this particular look turned out really cute. In your face, to be sure, but cute.


This next look is also very bright, but I feel not adding pink keeps it a bit more restrained despite the excessive amount of red. I would so totally wear this outfit though - I love how vibrant and casual it is, while still being very lolita.


Lastly I tried to tone it down rather than embrace the colour, and though this coordinate is nice (and uses some new wardrobe additions!) I'm a bit ambivalent towards it. I feel like this JSK needs to be worn in either an oldschool or a gloriously quirky way to really shine - in this outfit it's jsut coming across as a little bland. Still nice though, don't get me wrong, just not exciting and I'm at a point where I like these flat-lays I come up with the be at least moderately exciting!

6 comments:

  1. The third coord is my favorite (I would so wear that! but then again I'm kinda bland myself, haha), but I see what you mean about needing to be styled a bit cutesy or old school for the JSK itself to really stand out, like in the first two coords, especially the middle one. Also, yay, new socks! (And new Baby cardigan too? It's cute!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfft don't call yourself bland! It's a nice outfit, that last one and to be completely honest I'd wear it too ^__^

      Yep...new socks and bolero! I love using new wardrobe additions!

      Delete
  2. When I see this, I like tartan, but I am not ready for Tartan yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, tartan can be quite in your face.

      Delete
  3. I really love the pink and the red tartan together, it's a sweet look. I feel like the black one just oozes comfiness though, I'd totally wear that to work and be cute and comfy all day!

    ReplyDelete