Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Lolita 52: Impulse buys that were totally worth it; and, Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting

I am once again lumping two of the Lolita 52 topics together as I don’t really have much to say on either. Though a few of my lolita purchases have been a bit impulsive, nothing really stands out as having been truly impulsive and then “totally worth it”. Similarly, though I’ve bought many things that I’ve then had to sell on, again nothing really stands out as a regret. 

I think it’s commonly accepted that lolita, being as it is for most of us in the West a fashion that you tend to buy for online, there tends to be a lot of trial and error; things match or don’t, fit or don’t, are well made or not. Impulse and regret are part and parcel of it. Though it would be nice to have a story about that one thing that I bought on a whim which turned out amazing, overall I think I’m lucky to not have any grand stories of surprise happiness or regret in my lolita wardrobe.

Angelic Pretty's Twinkle Doll special set was something I bought and basically immediately sold, but I made my money back so no regrets!

Do you have any stories of things you were happily surprised with, or that you ended up regretting?

4 comments:

  1. The whole time. I am much of a try and error person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough! I have to say I love that lolita has a good resale market, it makes everything much less of a gamble.

      Delete
  2. I don't have an impulse buy that would've turned out to totally rock my frilly world, definitely not as far as main pieces are concerned. I may have a pair of socks or another accessory which I really like, but that's about it. But in terms of regrets, although again it's not a massive one, I know that impulse buying my Merry Making Party OP wasn't the smartest purchase. I still struggle with coordinating it and even if I have a few more option now, I subconsciously end up avoiding it and going for easier to coordinate items instead. I'm not ready to part with it yet, clutching to the hope that I'll get some sort of epiphany and will learn how to coordinate it better, but who knows what the future may bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that probably means you have a very sensible approach to wardrobe building!

      I can see how Merry Making Party would be hard to coordinate, but it really is adorable! I hope you get to a point where it's easy an enjoyable to wear ^__^

      Delete