Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Meal Prep #2

Yeah, I think this is going to be a regular thing now. Today I spent four hours in the kitchen and made 23 meals in total, as well as a new big fruit salad. It was tiring, but it has been so good the past week and a bit to just be able to go to the fridge and pull out a healthy meal that just needs three minutes in the microwave and a fork.


I filled up our big blue mixing bowl with five apples, six oranges, a can of pineapple, a can of peaches and a punnet of blueberries. Apples, oranges and pineapple are my basic fruit salad "recipe" and it's good to add different extra fruits each time to spice it up a little. Last week it was rockmelon, this week, the blueberries. Next week... a mystery!


First meal is mixed baked carrots and potatoes with lemon and herb chicken thigh, green beans and sautéed spinach.


The second meal is very similar: again baked carrots and potatoes and sautéed spinach, but this time with roast lamb and broccoli. We only had enough carrot and potato mix to make five of these, as opposed to what is becoming the usual six.


Third is cauliflower rice, roast lamb, beans and corn. I love cauliflower rice, but it is time consuming and I don't think I'll make it regularly.


And last is rice, honey soy chicken, broccoli and corn. Forgive the shoddy photos in this post, it was stormy outside so I had to use the flash on my phone to get these. But we have another week;'s worth of food ready to go, and it's a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment